Consultancy services to offer Earth Observation for Rangeland Seasonal Monitoring, Early Warning and Assessment in East Africa.
Project Time : October 08 2020 - January 08 2020.
The objective of the assignment is to develop a rangeland seasonal monitoring, early warning and assessment system using EO data in the East African region.
Scope of work
- Using free available EO data in the e-Station or other sources to develop indicators for monitoring and assessing rangeland conditions
To develop methods for forecasting rangeland conditions
- To develop a functional online model application tool for monitoring, predicting rangeland conditions
iii. Develop training/user manuals based on the approved methodology with different case studies in region
- Methodology for rangeland monitoring and assessment using EO data • Functional rangeland early warning system
- EA rangeland masks and types
- User manual which details the steps required to develop/use the developed application • Consultancy reports (workplan, inception and final)
3 months starting October 08 2020 and ending January 08 2020.